Saturday, August 22, 2009

Last Day in NYC

its my last day in new york before i go away to school. not in the mood to write about it so im going to talk about something different.

i hate the little league world series. especially now. on my last day i wake up and turn the TV to channel 728 for a healthy dose of SportsCenter in HD. But as I take my first bite of scrambled eggs, I notice that it is not SC that is streaming through my television, but rather a baseball game. Now why is there a baseball game on at 11:30 AM, I think to myself. A repeat, perhaps? No, it is not. It is the first game of the tournament, a game between Mexico and Canada. Mexico and Canada. At least put this on ESPN2. But no. I switch to ESPN2 to see if SC is on there, but instead it is the Manchester United game. Why, oh why, is there a Manchester United game on ESPN2 this morning? Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against soccer, and if i had to pick any team, ManU would be my favorite. But I would really like to see how crappy Brett Favre did yesterday. And I would really like to see the highlights of the Met game I watched yesterday. (Why do I want to see those highlights once more? My Mets hardly ever win and I like to savor it, okay?) Nevetheless, I am forced to watch 12 year olds play an all but meaningless game of baseball, poorly, I might add. I usually love my scrambled eggs, sausage, and cinnamon rolls, but today, nothing was the same. So thank you, LLWS, for ruining my breakfast, and possibly my last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment